Metabolic’s overarching mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We are a consulting and venture building company that advises governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context, while creating disruptive solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We use data science and systems thinking to help organisations to transition to more circular economic models. We believe that bold visions must go hand-in-hand with data-driven approaches in order to create real change.
About the Internship
Metabolic’s Venture division is working on building new organizations that can have a systemic impact and address some of the most significant sustainability challenges. To do so, we’re working on education materials that can focus the efforts and provide tools to a much broader group of entrepreneurs, building targeted accelerator programs, and supporting the growth of the ventures we’ve already established.
In your role as an intern, you will:
- Conduct and summarize research on existing programs, investors, philanthropies, and startups
- Craft education materials that simplify systems thinking
- Build effective business cases
- Explore new forms of investment and governance
The internship starts over the summer (July or August) and should last for 5-6 months. You should be able to work between 3-5 days / week. Interns receive a paid stipend each month.
An ideal intern is someone who has a background in sustainability and an interest in entrepreneurship. We’re looking for someone that falls within the following criteria:
- Great research skills
- Solid English writing skills
- Background in sustainability and experience with business, or a background in business with experience with sustainability science
- Experience in a startup is a plus
- Experience building education programs or financial models is a plus