Ventures Internship (Spring 2022)
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context, and conduct applied research to further key approaches and technologies. We also build new ventures and non-profit organizations that remove critical barriers and lead to transformational change.
Metabolic Ventures is a non-profit foundation designed to scale systemic solutions to global challenges using ventures as a vehicle for transformation. Our primary activities involve building new systemic ventures from scratch and helping others do the same.
About the Internship
Metabolic’s Venture division is looking for an intern to support the technical side of venture building, often involves high quality research and understanding about solution pathways, precedent, and therefore what is possible and feasible. It can also involve identifying innovative financing and governance models, as well as creating business cases.
This work will span ventures we are building, programs we are running, products we are building, and ongoing research and development we are conducting in the impact entrepreneurship space.
The internship starts in early March, 2022 and should last for 6 months. You should be able to work between 4-5 days/week. Interns receive a paid stipend each month.
In your role, you will:
- Conduct and summarize research on relevant pathways, technologies, organizations and initiatives
- Explore innovative forms of investment and governance
- Keep track key impact investors and ventures in our focus area
- Help facilitate internal venture building processes
An ideal intern is someone who has a background in hard sciences or engineering and an interest in entrepreneurship. We’re looking for someone that falls within the following criteria:
- Great research skills
- Solid English writing skills
- Background in hard sciences and/or engineering
- Experience in a startup or with business thinking is a plus
- Experience building financial models is a plus
- Familiarity with the agrifood system and the broader bioeconomy is a plus
To be eligible for an internship with Metabolic the following criteria must be met:
- Have, or be able to apply, for a residence permit in the Netherlands (valid for working purposes and for the entire duration of the internship).
- Have, or be able to request, a BSN (burgerservicenummer/citizen service number).