Ventures Internship (Spring 2022)
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context, and conduct applied research to further key approaches and technologies. We also build new ventures and non-profit organizations that remove critical barriers and lead to transformational change.
Metabolic Ventures is a non-profit foundation designed to scale systemic solutions to global challenges using ventures as a vehicle for transformation. Our primary activities involve building new systemic ventures from scratch and helping others do the same.
About the Internship
Metabolic’s Venture division is looking for an intern to support the business side of venture building, which contributes to early validation and go-to-market efforts, conducting excellent research, identifying innovative financing and governance models, and creating business cases.
This work will span ventures we are building, programs we are running, products we are building, and ongoing research and development we are conducting in the impact entrepreneurship space.
The internship starts in early February, 2022 and should last for 6 months. You should be able to work between 4-5 days/week. Interns receive a paid stipend each month.
In your role, you will:
- Conduct and summarize research on relevant organizations and initiatives
- Build effective business cases and financial models
- Explore innovative forms of investment and governance
- Keep track key impact investors and ventures in our focus area
- Help facilitate internal venture building processes
An ideal intern is someone who has a background in business and an interest in entrepreneurship. We’re looking for someone that falls within the following criteria:
- Great research skills
- Solid English writing skills
- Background in sustainability science and experience with business, or a background in business with experience with sustainability science
- Experience in a startup is a plus
- Experience building financial models is a plus
- Familiarity with the agrifood system and the broader bioeconomy is a plus
To be eligible for an internship with Metabolic the following criteria must be met:
- Have, or be able to apply, for a residence permit in the Netherlands (valid for working purposes and for the entire duration of the internship).
- Have, or be able to request, a BSN (burgerservicenummer/citizen service number).