Ventures Internship (Spring 2021)
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context, conduct applied research to further key approaches and technologies, and build ventures that can achieve a scalable impact and generate systems change.
Metabolic Ventures is a non-profit foundation designed to scale key solutions to global challenges. Our primary activities involve building new transformative ventures from scratch.
About the Internship
Metabolic’s Venture division is looking for an intern to support the business side of venture building, which involves understanding venture build pitfalls, conducting excellent research, identifying innovative financing and governance models, and creating business cases and financial models.
The internships start in early February and should last for 5-6 months. You should be able to work between 4-5 days/week. Interns receive a paid stipend each month.
In your role, you will:
- Conduct and summarize research on relevant organizations and initiatives
- Build effective business cases and financial models
- Explore innovative forms of investment and governance
- Keep track key impact investors and ventures in our focus area
- Help facilitate internal venture building processes
An ideal intern is someone who has a background in business and an interest in entrepreneurship. We’re looking for someone that falls within the following criteria:
- Great research skills
- Solid English writing skills
- Background in sustainability science and experience with business, or a background in business with experience with sustainability science
- Experience in a startup is a plus
- Experience building financial models is a plus
- Familiarity in the bioeconomy transition is a plus
To be eligible for an internship with Metabolic the following criteria must be met:
- Have, or be able to apply, for a residence permit in the Netherlands (valid for working purposes and for the entire duration of the internship).
- Have, or be able to request, a BSN (burgerservicenummer/citizen service number).