About Metabolic Software
Metabolic is an ecosystem of organizations that aims to accelerate the transition of the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. Metabolic’s software arm serves as the software branch of the ecosystem, embedding earth systems intelligence and sustainability assessment into internal and external tools that support Metabolic’s overall mission. Our goal is to develop tools that provide the most accurate and insightful sustainability intelligence to decision-makers around the world, democratizing access to this expertise in the process.
About the Role
Metabolic is looking for a UX designer who is experienced with UX research and user testing. The software team works with an internal visual design team, and therefore strong design skills are not a necessary part of the role (although always a plus).
You should be able to turn human behavior and underlying needs into real, functioning concepts. You should be able to convey these concepts through wireframes, flows, mockups, and prototypes–articulating the value of designs through verbal and visual presentations.
You will be the first dedicated UX-er within a small but growing software team of around 8-10 people, which is part of a larger company of around 80 people.
- A systems thinker: You can logically visualize complex systems, user interaction flows and beautiful user interfaces
- Practiced listener and investigator: You look for insights and a deeper understanding of workflows, needs, and behaviors
- Great team player: You love collaborating with and learning from other disciplines
- Fluent in UX design tools, such as Sketch, Figma and Invision (or their various replacements)
- Familiar with (user) research methods, like interviews, running group conversations and remote user studies
- You are able to facilitate different stages of the design process, like design sprints, workshops, and brainstorming with others.
- Design Systems – You have experience using or building a design system to keep consistency throughout design and front-end development.
- Fluent in English
The position begins in February or March of 2021 (though the exact starting date is flexible) and requires you to live and work in the Netherlands.
To apply, please use this form. You will be asked to upload your CV and copy over a letter of motivation. In case of questions, please feel free to Chris Monaghan at email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is Monday, November 30th, at 23:59 CET.