Technical Project Manager /
About Metabolic Software
Metabolic is an ecosystem of organizations that aims to accelerate the transition of the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. Metabolic’s software arm serves as the software branch of the ecosystem, embedding earth systems intelligence and sustainability assessment into internal and external tools that support Metabolic’s overall mission. Our goal is to develop tools that provide the most accurate and insightful sustainability intelligence to decision-makers around the world, democratizing access to this expertise in the process.
About the Role
Metabolic is looking for a technical project manager / product owner with experience managing software development projects and software teams. Your role will be to manage the relationship with the client, whether internal or external, as well as the development process and capacity to create a successful product.
You will be the translator between many knowledgeable experts from within the broader organization and the requirements and development capacity of a particular project. You will help shape the feature roadmap in periodical planning sessions towards a shared vision, epics, and user stories.
You should feel a passion for sustainability and addressing societal challenges. You will join a small but growing software team of around 8-10 people, which is part of a larger company of around 80 people.
The position has a planned starting date of January or February of 2021, although the exact starting date is flexible. It requires you to live and work in the Netherlands.
- Solid understanding of all stages of software projects from UX to Testing
- Previous experience in back-end or front-end development
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English
- 3+ years project and program management experience for software engineering teams building scalable, distributed applications
- Experience defining, prioritizing and executing a clear roadmap in an agile environment
- Familiarity with different Agile frameworks and have experience about how project management can work within them
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience in working with complexity and complex domains
- Bonus (not required): Domain knowledge of sustainability
The position begins in January or February of 2021 (though the exact starting date is flexible) and requires you to live and work in the Netherlands.
To apply, please use this form. You will be asked to upload your CV and copy over a letter of motivation. In case of questions, please feel free to Chris Monaghan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to apply is Monday, November 30th, at 23:59 CET.