Sustainable Finance Intern - Autumn 2022
Are you interested in the field of sustainable finance and are enthusiastic about systems change? Do you want to explore these topics as part of an interdisciplinary, fast-growing team? Then this internship might be the right match for you.
Metabolic Consulting, an organization that helps forward-thinking organizations put sustainability and circular economy strategies into action, is looking for a Sustainability Finance Intern to join our growing team.
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions
We are an international and dynamic team of around 95 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. Based in the Netherlands, we work at the cutting edge of sustainability initiatives for a broad range of global clients.
About the Internship
At Metabolic, we believe that the finance sector is a critical leverage point for driving the sustainability transitions towards a Circular Economy. Through the availability of credit and cost of capital, the finance sector shapes the structure of the economy and, by extension, has great power in financing solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges.
The coming decades will bring new types of risks and opportunities for financial institutions. Over the past nine years, Metabolic has developed and refined a systems analysis approach to solving complex sustainability problems. Utilizing this approach, we work to support financial institutions, NGOs, and governments in making more sustainable decisions by assessing risks and impacts across multiple areas, creating strategies and roadmaps for transition, undertaking visioning workshops, setting science-based targets, as well as advising on novel investment strategies to help guide capital towards new circular economic opportunities and develop innovative and sustainable forms of value.
About the Sustainable Finance Team
As a consulting intern, you will work closely with the consulting team, contribute to various projects, and receive as much responsibility as you are interested in taking on.
In this internship, you will be predominantly focused on:
- Applying systems thinking approach and methods to driving sustainable finance transition
- Stakeholder engagement (e.g. workshop preparation and participation)
- Conducting action-driven research and analysis
- Synthesising insights and deriving key conclusions and take-aways
- Producing end deliverables (e.g. writing, report development, design coordination)
- Strategy and Business Development
- Working closely with your core team on developing internal team strategy (e.g. participating in workshops, conducting supporting research, producing strategy documentation, helping to co-develop new service offerings)
- Supporting your colleagues with business development efforts (e.g. client and partner outreach, proposal writing)
- Thought Leadership
- Co-producing thought leadership pieces and other written assets in the topics of sustainable finance
The internship is fairly flexible and will be tailored as much as possible to fit your personal development goals.
The position will last for 5-6 months and would ideally start on the 5th of September 2022 on a full-time basis. This internship provides a stipend amounting to €835.80/month pro-rata (based on 40 hours per week).
We are looking for someone with:
- International Business, Business-Economics, Finance, Sustainability or Industrial Ecology background
- Keen interest in intersecting Sustainability and Finance
- Familiarity with key sustainability topics
- Experience in research & analysis in study/internship context
- Strong written and spoken communication skills (English)
- The ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organization
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn new things
- Proactive attitude and ability to work as part of a close-knit team
To be eligible for an internship with Metabolic the following criteria must be met:
- Have, or be able to apply, for a residence permit in the Netherlands (valid for working purposes and for the entire duration of the internship)
- Have, or be able to request, a BSN (burgerservicenummer/citizen service number)
Please upload your CV and cover letter via the apply button below. In case of questions, please feel free to contact us through [email protected].
The deadline for application is 7th of August 2022, at 23:59 CET.