Sustainability Methods Intern (Metabolic Software) - Autumn 2023
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We are an international and dynamic team of around 90 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. Based in the Netherlands, we work at the cutting edge of sustainability initiatives for a broad range of global clients.
About the Internship
Metabolic Software develops software products to accelerate the sustainability transition. Our mission is to leverage technology solutions to bring the economy within Planetary Boundaries. We make up a diverse team of experts, with the right combination of knowledge and expertise to jointly tackle this challenge.
As a sustainability methods intern, you work within the product team on the development of Link, an assessment solution for nature-related impacts and risk. The role focuses on research and development of frameworks and methodologies that can improve the granularity for the users of Link. This will contribute to helping more robust and granular software.
Key activities within this role include data collection and processing, desk research on existing frameworks, process documentation, and functional design. You will get the opportunity to discover what working in a product team entails and be able to experience project work for large organizations up close.
The internship starts in the beginning of September 2023, and should last for 5-6 months. The internship requires four to five days of work per week. It provides a stipend amounting to €877,59 / month (based on 40 hours per week).
We’re looking for someone that falls within the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a relevant degree, such as Industrial Ecology, Environmental Sciences, or similar
- Desired skills /experience/knowledge:
- Process analysis and design
- Excel or advanced data processing skills
- Life Cycle / Carbon Footprint Assessment
- Nice-to-have: GIS experience
- Nice-to-have: experience with Python, R, SQL or other data related code languages
- Research experience (i.e., via a university degree or work experience)
- Great analytical skills
- The ability to work independently
- Enjoys fast-paced environments and adapting to uncertainty
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organization
- Great team working skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills (English)
- Self-awareness of personal career development goals
To be eligible for an internship with Metabolic, the following criteria must be met (non-negotiable):
- Enrolled for the entire duration of the internship (at least until February/March 2024)
- Have a residence permit in the Netherlands (valid for working purposes and the entire duration of the internship)
- Have a BSN (burgerservicenummer/citizen service number)
Please submit your CV and letter of motivation in English via the Apply button below. In case of questions, please feel free to contact us through [email protected].
The deadline for applying is Sunday, 11th of June 2023, at 23:59 CET.