Sustainability Marketing & Communications Internship (Spring 2020)
Metabolic’s overarching mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We are a consulting, research, and venture building company that advises governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context, while creating disruptive solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We use data science and systems thinking to help organisations to transition to more circular economic models. We believe that bold visions must go hand-in-hand with data-driven approaches in order to create real change.
About the Internship
Metabolic’s communication team works to translate the work we do to the outside world. Our goals are to help our team members communicate their work, drive impact through awareness, and develop our business in new and existing markets.
As an intern, your role will be to:
- Support the management of social media channels
- Draft blogs, news items, and newsletter content
- Carry out search engine optimization (SEO) tactics
- Assist with filming and production of audiovisual content
- Analyze web data and conduct market research to refine efforts
- Research and approach key events and media platforms for collaboration
- Explore your own communications interests, whether through design, public speaking, or targeted campaigns
The internship preferably starts on February 3rd, 2020, and should last for 5-6 months. You should be able to work between 3-5 days / week. Interns receive a paid stipend each month.
As an applicant for the position, we expect you to live up to most of these criteria:
- Excellent English writing skills;
- Solid research skills;
- A passion for sustainability;
- Attention to detail;
- Pro-active working style;
- Fluency in Dutch is a plus.
To be eligible for an internship with Metabolic the following criteria must be met (non-negotiable):
- Have, or be able to apply, for a residence permit in the Netherlands (valid for working purposes and for the entire duration of the internship).
- Have, or be able to request, a BSN (burgerservicenummer/citizen service number).