Sustainability Consulting Intern
Green Building (Jan/Feb 2021)
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We are a team of around 60 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. In our eight years of existence, we have developed systems analyses and circular economy strategies for over 500 clients, including cities and regions in the Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, the US, and Asia.
About the internship
Metabolic’s Green Building Cluster focuses on projects related to supporting architects, developers, and local governments in transitioning their buildings and building processes to a more sustainable state. Some of our work includes researching and working with, sustainable interventions for both impact mitigation and the creation of sustainable business cases. Key to our work is having a holistic view of sustainable building development (looking at the entire chain, embedded impacts).
As a consulting intern, you work within the consulting team and receive as much responsibility as you’re interested to take on. The role is primarily focused on good research and analysis, but can stretch to include many other parts of consulting, or even other parts of the organization, depending on your personal development goals.
The position lasts for 5-6 months and ideally starts late January/early February 2020. The internship requires 4-5 days of work per week.
This internship provides a stipend.
We are looking for someone with…
- The ability to work independently
- An energetic, solutions-focussed, proactive spirit
- Enjoys fast-paced environments and adapting to uncertainty
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organization
- Research experience (i.e. via a university degree or work experience)
- Great team working skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills (English and Dutch)
- Self-awareness of personal career development goals
- A degree in architecture, (civil) engineering, or building technologies
- Built Environment
- Technical understanding of buildings and building processes
- Affinity with/is interested in calculating business cases for sustainable interventions
- Workshops and stakeholder management
- Urban Planning
To be eligible for an internship with Metabolic the following criteria must be met (non-negotiable):
- Have, or be able to apply, for a residence permit in the Netherlands (valid for working purposes and for the entire duration of the internship)
- Have, or be able to request, a BSN (burgerservicenummer/citizen service number)
- Based in Amsterdam and surroundings