Sustainability Consultant Intern (Finance) - Fall 2021
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions. We work with financial institutions, NGOs, and governments in the transition to a sustainable economy. We help financial institutions understand the risks from environmental impacts and develop innovative and sustainable forms of value.
We are an international and dynamic team of around 90 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. Based in the Netherlands with an increasingly international reach as a company, we work at the cutting edge of sustainability initiatives for a broad range of clients across the Netherlands, Europe, the US, and Asia.
About the position
Metabolic works with financial institutions in the transition to a more sustainable economy. We help them understand risks from environmental impacts, and to develop innovative forms of sustainable value. Finance is one of the key leverage points in the transition to a more equitable and sustainable economy. As our work with financial institutions expands, we are looking for a Sustainability Consultant Intern – Finance to join the team and learn with us!
The Sustainability Finance cluster focuses on projects to improve the sustainability performance of capital investment portfolios (e.g. Banks, Insurance funds, Asset Managers, etc.). Our work, among other things, includes the assessment of the portfolio’s impact on the planetary boundaries; setting science based targets for FIs; creating sustainable investment strategies; identifying gaps and opportunities for investment and developing methodologies for fund managers to assess and monitor fund sustainability performance.
As a consulting intern, you work within the consulting team and receive as much responsibility as you’re interested in taking on. The role is primarily focused on:
- Research & Data collection
- Synthesis of Insights, drawing key conclusions and creating narratives.
- End-Production of deliverables
Still, it can stretch to include many other parts of consulting, or even other parts of the organization, depending on your personal development goals.
The position lasts for 5-6 months and starts on September 6th, 2021. The internship requires 4 to 5 days of work per week. This internship provides a stipend amounting to €400/month pro-rata (based on 40 hours per week).
We are looking for someone with…
- Desired skills/experience/knowledge:
- International business, Finance, Sustainability or Industrial Ecology background with a keen interest for intersect of Sustainability and Finance
- Familiarity with key sustainability topics
- Experience in research & analysis in study/internship context
- The ability to work independently
- Enjoys fast-paced environments and adapting to uncertainty
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organization
- Great analytical skills
- Great team working skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills (English)
- Self-awareness of personal career development goals
To be eligible for an internship with Metabolic the following criteria must be met (non-negotiable):
- Have a residence permit in the Netherlands (valid for working purposes and for the entire duration of the internship)
- Have a BSN (burgerservicenummer/citizen service number
- Based in Amsterdam and surroundings
To apply, please use this form. You will be asked to upload your CV and copy over a letter of motivation. In case of questions, please feel free to contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to apply is August 8th, 2021 at 23:59 CET.