Software Product Management Intern - March 2023
Are you interested in the intersection of sustainability and software? Would you like to perform market- and product research for sustainability-related software and be part of a professional product team? Metabolic Software, a sustainability-focused software company from Amsterdam, is looking for a Software Product Management intern for our growing team.
About Metabolic Software
Metabolic Software develops software products to accelerate the sustainability transition. Our mission is to leverage technology solutions to bring the economy within Planetary Boundaries. We make up a diverse team of experts, with the right combination of knowledge and expertise to jointly tackle this challenge. Our tools provide the most accurate and insightful sustainability intelligence to decision-makers worldwide.. We are currently developing Metabolic Link, a SaaS solution for automated nature risk assessment. Organizations can assess their footprint on nature and prioritize business activities at risk. Metabolic Software is part of the larger Metabolic family of organizations, engaging in applied research, consulting, and venture building. These entities work together to identify, scale, and implement innovative solutions to global problems.
Our young and passionate team focuses on digital solutions while putting the planet, and people, over profit. We have front-end and back-end developers, product managers, and a UX designer. We are supported by visual designers and sustainability experts from Metabolic. But we are growing rapidly and are looking for new colleagues in several areas.
For more information, see Metabolic Software.
About the Internship
As a young company in the fast-growing field of circularity, we are faced with rapidly changing customer demands and priorities. We have to stay up to date on the latest developments in the market for sustainability-related software products and are always on the lookout for new product opportunities. As an intern for Metabolic Software, you will participate in all aspects of software product management and help us to refine our future software offerings. Through the analysis of interviews and public data sources, you will help us to understand the current market demands and support the translation into concrete product ideas. This will enable us to understand our position in the market, prioritize what to build next, and build a future-proof roadmap. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Research existing (competitive) software offerings and analyze the similarities and differences to our software, Metabolic Link
- Document how the market is currently segmented and how Metabolic’s software offerings fit into existing market segments
- Analyze market trends demands for circular software solutions
- Independently create market research documentation and present the results to relevant stakeholders
- Provide input to Metabolic Link’s future strategy based on market research
- Write public-facing documentation on Metabolic Link
- Contribute to website and flyer material content
- Join interviews with users and decision-makers, with the goal of understanding their needs and decision-making criteria
- Uncover unmet needs through the analysis of user interviews, which could be added to Metabolic Link
The position lasts for five to six months and starts on 6th of March, 2023. It requires four to five days of work per week. This internship provides a stipend amounting to €835,80 per month based on 40 hours per week.
An ideal intern is passionate about sustainability and interested in the latest development in technology. We’re looking for someone that falls within the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a relevant degree, such as Business Administration, Information Technology or a similar field. Product Management is a very broad role, we are happy to accept applications from other fields as well
- You are eager to develop your skills and can work independently
- Fluency in English is a must-have, fluency in Dutch is a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong motivation to learn about and contribute to a circular future
- Able to work independently
- Great team working skills
- An energetic, solutions-focussed, proactive spirit
- “Jack of all trades”, interested in bringing together the many facets of a software product
- Experience with software product management, or other experience with software development is a plus
To be eligible for an internship with Metabolic, the following criteria must be met (non-negotiable):
- Enrolled for the entire duration of the internship
- Have a residence permit in the Netherlands (valid for working purposes and the entire duration of the internship)
- Have a BSN (burgerservicenummer/citizen service number)
A young, ambitious, multicultural team excited about sustainability and technology: we are growing fast and are very passionate about changing the world together. Additionally, you will have access to world-class experts in the fields of sustainability and circularity from our sister companies on the broader ecosystem.
This opportunity will put you into a space where we value people with their own ideas and initiatives. We believe in flat hierarchies, shared decision-making, and impact over profit. You will participate in an evolving decentralized governance system and be part of a close-knit community of people with shared interests and strong company culture. And you will be invited to lots of small and big social events to have fun with your colleagues!
When you work for Metabolic, you will have time and space to experiment with new things and have dedicated time for training and personal development. And while we expect people to want to be in Amsterdam to feel part of our culture, we are flexible in your day-to-day working location, as we prioritize outcomes over physical presence.
Please submit your CV and letter of motivation in English via the Apply button below. In case of questions, please feel free to contact us through [email protected].
The deadline for applying is Sunday, 29th of January 2023, at 23:59 CET.