Senior Front-End Developer
About Metabolic Software
Metabolic is an ecosystem of organizations that aims to accelerate the transition of the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. Metabolic’s software arm serves as the software branch of the ecosystem, embedding earth systems intelligence and sustainability assessment into internal and external tools that support Metabolic’s overall mission. Our goal is to develop tools that provide the most accurate and insightful sustainability intelligence to decision-makers around the world, democratizing access to this expertise in the process.
About the Role
Metabolic is looking for a senior front-end developer to join our growing software team. You will work to develop high-impact software, pushing the boundaries of modern front-end engineering to build elegant, intuitive and optimized web applications. You will mentor more junior members of the team and participate in code reviews for other colleagues. You will work in small, nimble teams, working with designers, UX, and other developers to shape the visual direction and functional roadmap of tools we create.
- At least 5 years experience in front-end development
- Experience working in Agile and Scrum teams
- Experience with
- Setting up Webpack based workflows
- UI libraries like Vuetify or Material-UI or style frameworks like Bootstrap
- Using code quality tools like Prettier, Eslint
- Unit testing using frameworks like Jest, Mocha
- Git and GitLab or Github
- CI/CD workflows
- Coaching / guiding junior or intern developers
- Consuming RESTful or GraphQL based APIs
- Ideally some experience with
- Data visualizations, using something like D3, Apex Charts etc
- Integration testing using tools like Cypress
- Collaborating with visual designers and UX specialists
- Focus on user experience
- The ability to work independently
- Great attention to detail
- Great team working skills
- Strong sense of responsive design
- An interest in sustainability and an aligned philosophy of building a sustainable future
- The ability to handle complex subject matter
The position begins in January or February of 2021 (though the exact starting date is flexible) and requires you to live and work in the Netherlands.
To apply, please use this form. You will be asked to upload your CV and copy over a letter of motivation. In case of questions, please feel free to Chris Monaghan at email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is Monday, November 30th, at 23:59 CET.