Software Product Marketing Intern
Are you interested in the intersection of sustainability and software? Would you like to research the market for sustainability-related software and be part of a team of software professionals? Metabolic Software, a sustainability-focused software company from Amsterdam, is looking for a Software Product Marketing intern for our growing team.
About Metabolic Software
Metabolic Software develops software products to accelerate the sustainability transition. Our tools provide the most accurate and insightful sustainability intelligence to decision-makers worldwide, democratizing access to this expertise in the process.
Metabolic Software is part of the larger Metabolic family of organizations, engaging in applied research, consulting, and venture building. These entities work together to identify, scale, and implement innovative solutions to global problems. Read more about Metabolic’s impact in our latest impact report.
Our young and passionate team focuses on digital solutions while putting the planet, and people, over profit. We have front-end and back-end developers, project managers, and a UX designer. We are supported by visual designers and sustainability experts from Metabolic. But we are growing rapidly and are looking for new colleagues in several areas.
For more information, see Metabolic Software.
About the internship
Our software team is always looking for new opportunities to build amazing software and is staying up to date on the latest developments in the market for sustainability-related software products. As an intern for Metabolic Software, you will participate in market and user research to refine our future software offerings. As a young company in the fast-growing field of circularity, we are faced with rapidly changing customer demands and priorities. Your role will be to help us understand the current demands and project them into the future, which will ultimately enable us to prioritize future developments in our roadmap. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Analyze market demands for circular software solutions
- Uncover unmet needs for software and features as they relate to Metabolic Software’s offerings
- Research existing offerings and the features of competitors of Metabolic Software
- Independently create market research documentation and present the results to relevant stakeholders
- Document how the market is currently segmented and how Metabolic’s software offerings fit into existing market segments
- Write public-facing documentation of broad features of Metabolic’s software offering
- Provide input to Metabolic Software’s future strategy based on market research
- Conduct interviews with users and decision-makers with the goal of understanding their needs and decision-making criteria
You are passionate about sustainability and interested in the latest developments in technology. You are eager to develop your skills and can work independently.
Requirements for this role:
- Study background in Business Administration, Marketing or a similar field
- Fluent in English
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong motivation to learn about and contribute to a circular future
- Able to work independently
- Great team working skills
- An energetic, solutions-focussed, proactive spirit
Bonus if you fulfill any of the following:
- Experience with software marketing or other experience with software development is a plus
- Fluency in Dutch is a plus
To be eligible for an internship with Metabolic, the following criteria must be met (non-negotiable):
- Have a residence permit in the Netherlands (valid for working purposes and the entire duration of the internship)
- Have a BSN (burgerservicenummer/citizen service number)
A young, ambitious, multicultural team excited about sustainability and technology: we are growing fast and are very passionate about changing the world together. Additionally, you will have access to world-class experts in the fields of sustainability and circularity from our sister companies on the broader ecosystem.
This opportunity will put you into a space where we value people with their own ideas and initiatives. We believe in flat hierarchies, shared decision-making, and impact over profit. You will participate in an evolving decentralized governance system and be part of a close-knit community of people with shared interests and strong company culture. And you will be invited to lots of small and big social events to have fun with your colleagues!
When you work for Metabolic, you will have time and space to experiment with new things and have dedicated time for training and personal development. And while we expect people to want to be in Amsterdam to feel part of our culture, we are flexible in your day-to-day working location, as we prioritize outcomes over physical presence.
The position lasts for 5-6 months. This internship provides a stipend amounting to €400/month pro-rata.
The start date for this role is flexible, but you could begin immediately. If this sounds like something for you, click the button below to apply. We are looking forward to hearing from you!