PR and Content Marketing Specialist
As an organization committed to building a sustainable economy, Metabolic’s mission is to accelerate systems change. The power of communications is essential to us realizing this mission.
Metabolic’s marketing and communications team ensures our work and thinking reaches the right audiences and helps shift both attitudes and actions. The team breaks down the complexities often involved in communicating about sustainability, the circular economy, and systems change. We aim to raise awareness, educate, and develop thought leadership that drives action.
We’re looking for someone with creativity, excellent writing skills, and a strong passion for social and environmental change. In your role, you will focus on content strategy and execution. You will be responsible for coordinating an editorial pipeline of content that resonates with Metabolic’s key audiences, including long- and short-form content for our website, newsletters, social media, press releases, white papers, and news publications. Your role will be to ensure that our messaging and content aligns with the organizational goals, and to identify influential media opportunities to maximize impact.
In your role, you will be focusing primarily on the following activities:
- Developing engaging long- and short-form content (written and multimedia) to support project launches, business development, and branded campaigns.
- Maintaining a clear and efficient editorial calendar: working with the communications and consulting teams to track content through the editorial process and adhere to deadlines.
- Facilitating production of content by consultants through narrative and written assistance, editing for grammar, style, and tone.
- Researching and writing thought pieces and original content.
- Coordinating with the design team to ensure work meets Metabolic’s visual quality standards (sourcing and editing images, presenting visually engaging content).
- Managing media outreach, development of media relationships, and creation of press releases and op-eds.
- Working with partners and clients to craft joint messaging and campaigns.
- Excellent English writing skills
- Degree in marketing/communications/journalism, or similar
- Practical knowledge of SEO and other inbound marketing activities
- Good grasp of marketing knowledge necessary to create relevant content and connect with defined target audiences
- Strong interest in and initial grasp of sustainability and circular economy principles
- Ability to craft narratives around complex subject matter
- Creative thinker
- An eye for visual branding and imagery
- Organized and efficient
- Fluency in Dutch is a plus