Nordics Sustainability Consulting Internship (Spring 2020)
Metabolic’s overarching mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context, while creating disruptive solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
As a company committed to building a sustainable economy, we want to accelerate systems change and maximize our impact.
About the Internship
As a consulting intern, you will be working in Metabolic’s newly established office in Copenhagen with a close connection to the main office in Amsterdam. You will, therefore, be part of the dynamic and demanding process of starting up a new consulting branch in the Nordics.
During your internship, you will work with our consulting team on 2-3 projects for a minimum of 5 months. You will conduct research, collect data, help map and analyze problems, craft interventions to key challenges and much more.
With the position, you will join a fast-growing organization and a tight-knit community of passionate and intelligent colleagues that all share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future.
In your role, you will be focusing primarily on the following activities:
- Conducting in-depth research and analysis
- Collecting important data
- Writing out summaries of conclusions or briefings
- Preparing for client meetings
- Supporting business development
As an applicant for the position, we expect you to live up to most of these criteria:
- Fluent in Danish and English
- Great research and writing skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach
- A foundation of knowledge and interest in sustainability, systems thinking, and circular economy
- Strong scientific background in environmental sciences, earth sciences, sustainability or similar
- Ability to work and analyze in a structured and methodologically sound way
- Experienced user of Excel
In addition, the following traits are a plus:
- Proven ability to work independently on larger projects
- Relevant experience from work or other internships
- Genuine urge to make a profound positive impact
- Experience with tools for analyzing tabular and/spatial data, e.g. Tableau, Q-GIS, Power BI, ArcGIS, etc.
- Proficiency with programming languages e.g. Python, R, SQL or others
To be eligible for an internship with Metabolic the following criteria must be met (non-negotiable):
- Have, or be able to apply, for a residence permit in Denmark (valid for working purposes and for the entire duration of the internship).
- Have, or be able to request, a citizen service number.