Management Assistant (Consulting)
Do you have a background as an assistant, admin, or similar, and want to help transition to a fundamentally sustainable economy as soon as possible? Metabolic is looking for a Management Assistant to join our growing team.
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
Metabolic Consulting is part of the larger Metabolic family of organizations, which engages in advising key decision-makers, applied research, creating digital solutions, and venture building. These entities work together to identify, scale, and implement innovative solutions to global problems.
We are an international and dynamic team of around 95 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. Based in the Netherlands, we work at the cutting edge of sustainability initiatives for a broad range of global clients.
Read more about Metabolic’s impact in our latest impact report.
About the Position
Metabolic’s Consulting division is a fast-growing team of ambitious and impact-driven people working in collaboration with cities, NGOs, and private sector organizations around the world. We have a clear vision of how we want to achieve our mission, and a strong and motivated team, but need extra support in taking the steps necessary to scale up and out our activities, while also still providing an exciting and rewarding work environment for all.
Your role within the Consulting branch will be foundational – connecting with everyone on the team as an administrator to ensure that information flows function well and working with consulting management on improving processes, key assets, and pushing forward internal projects designed to help us achieve our strategic impact goals.
In this position you are responsible for the following tasks:
- Maintaining project and time tracking admin across the consulting team and liaising with team members to ensure this is done consistently and efficiently. Solving issues and relaying with software vendors where problems arise.
- Innovating and improving the admin processes (e.g. project management and time tracking) and implementing new solutions for doing this in coordination with consulting management and the finance team. This also involves updating best practice and documentation as the context changes.
- Working closely with consulting management and other team members to create and update other key information assets (such as templates, project portfolios, case studies)
- Planning and attending key meetings and events, taking notes when needed. You follow-up and coordinate on action points when relevant.
- Preparing and sending out memos, surveys, and other team communications as needed
- Ensuring new team members have been properly onboarded to any software/tools
- Supporting consulting management in organizational task including research, planning, and scheduling of events, trainings or other strategic priorities
- Coordinating and supporting the team on building out internal assets (such as case studies, methodology documentation, etc) which will allow us to increase our team’s efficiency and impact
We are looking for a true team player with great communication skills. Someone who takes initiative, is eager to learn and innovate, and knows how to prioritize tasks and gets the job done.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Dutch or other languages a bonus
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a management assistant, admin, secretary, or similar
- Must be comfortable working with Excel, experience with CRM or project management tools is a big bonus
- Candidate must be highly organized and proactive, a critical and strategic thinker is also desired
- Ability to apply for a work permit in the Netherlands
The position can be four or five days a week, and has a flexible starting date. It requires you to locate to (or close to) Amsterdam.
We are an ambitious, multicultural team that is passionate about sustainability and technology. We are growing fast and are very passionate about changing the world together. Additionally, you will have access to world-class experts in the fields of sustainability and circularity from our sister companies in the wider ecosystem.This opportunity will put you into a space where we value people with their own ideas and initiatives.