Junior Sustainability Consultant - Industries
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We work with companies, financial institutions, NGOs, and governments in the transition to a sustainable economy. We help organizations understand the risks from environmental impacts and develop innovative and sustainable forms of value.
We are an international and dynamic team of around 95 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. Based in the Netherlands with an increasingly international reach as a company, we work at the cutting edge of sustainability initiatives for a broad range of clients across the Netherlands, Europe, the US, and Asia.
About the Position
We are looking for a junior sustainability consultant for our Industries consulting team.
Our team is working across different scales on:
- Circular and sustainable production systems and business models
- Impact analysis of materials, products, and supply chains
- Organizational footprints, including upstream and downstream impacts
- Developing Key Performance Indicators for monitoring circularity and sustainability performance
- Supply chain engagement for implementing circular economy and impact reduction initiatives
In this role, you will support our team through research and quantitative analysis (e.g. environmental impact assessment, techno-economic analysis, etc.) as well as integrating sustainability measures within companies and across supply chains either independently or as part of a wider consortium.
The position is a full-time role and will start September 2021. The position is based in our offices in Amsterdam.
We are looking for someone with…
- Fluency in English required, Dutch is a plus
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant work experience preferred
- Background in industrial ecology, industrial design, environmental engineering, material sciences, environmental management, or similar field of study
- Also accepted: Applicants with relevant work experience, such as corporate environmental management, sustainable product design, or sustainable supply chain management
- Basic understanding of production systems and supply chains
- Foundational knowledge of key sustainability topics and systems thinking
- Interest in designing systems for collaborative value creation and sustainable growth
- Good writing skills in English, Dutch is a plus
- Strong research skills
- Excellent communication skills
Experience with environmental impact assessment methodologies for materials and production systems required (e.g. LCA, carbon footprinting, GHG accounting, etc.)
Experience in other relevant methodologies, such as Material Flow Analysis, techno-economic assessment, supply chain analysis, policy analysis, etc.
Data analysis skills. Proficiency in Excel is required at a minimum.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and letter of motivation in English (in PDF format) via this form. In case of questions, please feel free to contact us through email@example.com.
We will be accepting applications till the 8th of August 23.59, Sunday.