Junior Sustainability Consultant - Green Building
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable
state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We work with financial institutions, NGOs, and governments in the transition to a sustainable economy. We help financial institutions understand the risks from environmental impacts and develop innovative and sustainable forms of value.
We are an international and dynamic team of around 80 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. Based in the Netherlands with an increasingly international reach as a company, we work at the cutting edge of sustainability initiatives for a broad range of clients across the Netherlands, Europe, the US, and Asia.
About the Position
We are looking for a junior sustainability consultant for our Green Building team.
Our team is working across different scales on:
- Circular and sustainable building design
- Impact analysis of individual building design and real estate portfolios
- Circular tendering and procurement
- Developing Key Performance Indicators for sustainability in the Built Environment
- Urban mining strategies
In this role, you will support our team through research, quantitative analysis, and impact assessment as well as integrating sustainability measures in building designs either independently or as part of a wider consortium.
The position is a full-time role and will start asap. The position is based in our offices in Amsterdam
We are looking for someone with…
- Fluency in Dutch and English required
- Background in architecture/building engineering and sustainable design
- Basic understanding of the construction sector
- General understanding of sustainability in the built environment (modular building, green facades, embodied impacts etc.)
- Technical knowledge of sustainable building practices (e.g. building materials and their impact, energy-, sanitation- and ventilation systems)
- Foundational knowledge of key sustainability topics and systems thinking
- Good writing skills in English and Dutch
- Excellent communication skills
- Life cycle assessment or impact assessment for materials
- Autocad, sketch-up, BIM
- Nice to have: GIS