Junior Sustainability Consultant (Finance)
Are you interested in the field of sustainable finance and are enthusiastic about systems change? Do you want to explore these topics as part of an interdisciplinary, fast-growing team? Then this position might be the right match for you.
Metabolic Consulting, an organization that helps forward-thinking organizations put sustainability and circular economy strategies into action, is looking for a Junior Sustainability Consultant -Finance to join our growing Finance team.
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable
state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We are an international and dynamic team of around 90 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. Based in the Netherlands, we work at the cutting edge of sustainability initiatives for a broad range of global clients.
Metabolic Consulting advises governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can radically shift how the economy functions.
Metabolic Consulting is part of the larger Metabolic family of organizations, which engages in advising key decision-makers, applied research, creating digital solutions, and venture building. These entities work together to identify, scale, and implement innovative solutions to global problems. Read more about Metabolic’s impact in our latest impact report. We are an international and dynamic team of around 90 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. Based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands and with an increasingly international reach as a company, we work at the cutting edge of sustainability initiatives for a broad range of clients across the Netherlands, Europe, the US, and Asia.
Sustainable Finance Team
At Metabolic, we believe that the finance sector is a critical leverage point for driving the transition towards a fundamentally sustainable economy. Through capital allocation, the finance sector plays a central role in shaping the structure of the real economy and, by extension, has the power to finance solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges.
Over the past ten years, Metabolic has developed and refined a systems analysis approach to understanding and solving complex sustainability problems. Utilizing this approach, we help financial players to navigate these complex transitions. Our supporting services span from creating insights through risk and impact assessments, setting visions and supporting (science-based) targets, creating impact reduction and transition investment strategies, development and implementation of innovative financing programs to stimulate place based systems change. To provide those services,Metabolic builds on a vast sustainability expertise, applying a data-driven scientific approach to problem solving that is grounded in systems change theory.
About the Position
As a Junior Sustainability Consultant – Finance, you will work closely with the consulting team, contribute to various projects, and deliver high-value results and insights in an efficient and effective manner for our clients and partners.
In this position, you will be predominantly focused on:
- Playing an active role in consulting projects with finance clients
- Conducting action-driven research and analysis, applying methods grounded in systems thinking
- Synthesizing insights and deriving key conclusions and take-aways from research and analysis
- Stakeholder engagement (e.g. workshop preparation, facilitation and participation)
- Producing end deliverables (e.g. writing, report development, design coordination)
- Working closely with your core team on team strategy and business development efforts (e.g. client outreach and proposal writing).
- Co-producing thought leadership pieces and other written assets in the topics of sustainable finance
- Fluency in English required (Dutch and/or other languages is an advantage)
- 1-2 years working experience in the field of sustainable finance, impact investing, strategy consulting
- Keen interest and passion for developments in the sustainable finance space.
- Familiarity with key sustainability topics
- Pragmatic and hands-on approach to solving problems
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Adaptability and flexible mindset: ability to work in a fast-changing environment
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and structure
- Proactive attitude and ability to work independently
- For non-EU/EEA applicants: The role is dependent upon obtaining a visa to live and work in the Netherlands. Metabolic is a recognised visa sponsor and may support the successful candidate’s application for a work visa.
The position is a full-time role and will start asap. The position is based in our offices in Amsterdam.
Be part of a dynamic, ambitious and international team that is passionate about sustainability, technology and impact. Collaborate and work alongside world-class experts in the fields of sustainability and circularity throughout the Metabolic Ecosystem.
This opportunity will place you in an environment that values people with their own ideas and initiatives. We believe in flat hierarchies, shared decision-making and impact over profit. You will be able to participate in an evolving decentralized governance system and be part of a close-knit community of people with shared interests and a strong company culture. We promise:
- A social, supportive and vibrant work environment and location with connection and purpose
- Autonomy & freedom for decision-making within your role, ensuring your voice within Metabolic
- Flexible and balanced approach with hybrid working, holidays and a focus on wellbeing
- Room for career development and personal growth.
To apply, please click the apply button below. You will be asked to upload your CV and copy over a letter of motivation. In case of questions, please feel free to contact us via [email protected]
The deadline to apply is October 16th, 2022 at 23:59 CET.