Industries Consultant (Dutch)
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We are a team of around 50 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. In our seven years of existence, we have developed systems analyses and circular economy strategies for over 500 clients, including cities and regions in the Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, the US, and Asia.
About the Position
We are currently recruiting a consultant to join our Industries team. In this role, you will work towards creating circular sustainable supply chains, and advising and engaging clients to lead the transition to a sustainable economy. We work with clients based locally in the Netherlands, with a global reach.
We are looking for a creative and solutions-oriented colleague who is comfortable working autonomously, and also as part of a close-knit interdisciplinary team. We’re looking for a fluent Dutch speaker, with a background in industrial ecology, environmental science, environmental management or similar.
You’ll possess strong quantitative analytical skills and have experience conducting impact assessments and providing strategic advice to organisations on how to reduce their upstream and downstream impact. You should feel confident about taking on a leading role in a project and be experienced in project management and client engagement.
You are excited to engage in external-facing roles and be eager to digest new developments in the field (such as new policies, technologies, and approaches), placing them in the context in which we work. As our reach consists of working with the public sector, corporate bodies and other stakeholders, you will also have great communication skills.
The position is a full-time role and would ideally start in April 2020. The position is based in our offices in Amsterdam.
- Fluency in Dutch is an essential requirement for this post
- A minimum of 1+ years of working experience in the field of sustainability consultancy
- Educated to Masters level (or equivalent) in the following disciplines: Industrial ecology, environmental science, environmental management or similar
- A foundation of knowledge in sustainability, impact analysis, and systems thinking
- First rate verbal and written communication skills, in both Dutch and English
- Skills in circular business model development is a strong advantage
- Proficiency in project management
- Skilled in stakeholder client management
- Experience completing impact assessments
How to apply:
To apply, please email your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply for this position is 30 April 2020 at 23:59 CET.