HR & Operations Manager
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state.
We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We are an international and dynamic team of around 100 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. Based in the Netherlands, we work at the cutting edge of sustainability initiatives for a broad range of global clients.
About the Position
People are at the heart of all that we do at Metabolic, and we value creating a nurturing and thriving working environment through our human-centred HR and Operations advisory and support functions. The People & Operations team is a critical part of our ecosystem at Metabolic, an essential element in helping us to maximize our overall impact and manage a variety of organizations that together serve a coherent sustainability mission. We are currently recruiting for a generalist HR Manager to join our People & Operations team. In this unique and exciting opportunity, you will be a valued member of our small but close-knit warm People & Operations team, with a strong focus on all aspects of HR. Your role will contribute to our mission by supporting the Chief Operating Officer and your HR teammates on all HR-related programmes and initiatives across our ecosystem of companies.
You will possess a strong working experience and educational background in Human Resources Management or a similar relevant discipline, and have sound extensive working experience in an HR generalist advisory or process role.
You love working with people, find your energy from investing in their wellbeing and personal development, and enjoy promoting a collaborative nurturing working environment, whilst also maintaining mastery over HR advisory and operational systems and processes to ensure resilient effective business operations and a first rate professional HR advisory and support function. We are looking for a creative and solutions-oriented individual who is comfortable working autonomously, and also as part of a close-knit interdisciplinary international team.
You are excited to engage with new developments in the field of human resources and operations (legislative changes in labour law, innovative new policies, technologies, and practices), applying them proactively to the unique context in which we work.
The position is a full-time role and will start asap, based in our office in Amsterdam.
Working closely to support the Chief Operating Officer and other HR teammates, you will act as HR and Operations Manager, partnering the various divisions across the Metabolic ecosystem throughout the HR lifecycle:
- Support the COO on HR matters related to our team, providing HR generalist advice to team leads on employee issues and concerns and resolving People-related queries
- HR payroll & benefits owner, working with the Finance team on payroll and compensation/ tax/ pension data coordination and administration, resolving employee queries
- HR support to business partners during the recruitment and onboarding process, including supporting the immigration and visa application procedure
- Coordination and support to the team in systemic HR processes, including performance management and personal development
- Supporting HR administration processes for our employees, leading a Junior HR Administrator in this task (including ensuring that personnel data is in compliance with GDPR)
- Work with the COO on our employee engagement and wellbeing programme, safeguarding the heart and culture of the organization
- Support the COO on the implementation and refinement of HR and operational processes across the business
- Support and prepare necessary HR data overviews and conduct team insight analysis for key stakeholders
- Conduct in-depth research into prevalent matters of HR/labour law, as required, and maintain key knowledge sharing HR legal update
- An integral member of the People & Operations team, working together with the team on general People & Operations programmes, such as staff retreats, away days and socials
- Educated to Masters level in Human Resources Management or other similar discipline and 3+ years relevant experience
- Sound HR generalist advisory experience in Dutch HR/labour law
- Strong alignment with Metabolic’s mission
- Pragmatic and hands-on approach to solving problems, comfortable working autonomously and as part of a team
- Flexibility, ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic working environment
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills; you’ll love working with people in a solution-orientated environment
- Excellent communication skills within the HR environment, a high degree of confidentiality, compassion, tact and sensitivity at all times
- Fluent spoken and written English (and Dutch a substantial advantage)
- Payroll experience a plus
- Strong IT skills (Google Suite, Excel)
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills; you will be someone who loves a good systemic process
- For non-EU/EEA applicants: The role is dependent upon obtaining a visa to live and work in the Netherlands. Metabolic is a recognised visa sponsor and may support the successful candidate’s application for a work visa.
Be part of a dynamic and ambitious team that is passionate about sustainability and technology and making an impact. Collaborate and work alongside world-class experts in the fields of sustainability and circularity across our ecosystem of companies. We are growing fast and are very passionate about changing the world together.
This opportunity will place you in an environment that values people with their own ideas and initiatives. We believe in flat hierarchies, shared decision-making and impact over profit. You will be able to participate in an evolving decentralized governance system and be part of a close-knit community of people with shared interests and a strong company culture.
We are based in Amsterdam, but operate a hybrid working model, giving you the freedom to work both at home and at our vibrant office in Amsterdam. The people and relationship-oriented nature of this role requires you to work in Amsterdam at our offices several days per week.
The position is full time, with a start date asap.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and letter of motivation in English via the Apply button below.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, 2nd of April 2023, but please note that we will be interviewing on a rolling basis.
In case of questions, please feel free to contact [email protected]