HR & Operations Administrator
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state.
We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We are an international and dynamic team of around 100 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. Based in the Netherlands, we work at the cutting edge of sustainability initiatives for a broad range of global clients.
About the Position
People are at the heart of all that we do at Metabolic, and we value creating a nurturing and thriving working environment through our human-centered HR and Operations advisory and support functions. The People & Operations team is a critical part of our ecosystem at Metabolic, an essential element in helping us to maximize our overall impact and manage a variety of organizations that together serve a coherent sustainability mission.
We are currently recruiting for a HR & Operations Administrator to join our People & Operations team. In this unique and exciting opportunity, you will be a valued member of our small close-knit and warm People & Operations team, with a focus on all aspects of HR administration. Your role will contribute to our mission by supporting the Chief Operating Officer and your HR teammates on all HR-related programmes and initiatives across our ecosystem of companies.
You love working with people with a supportive mindset, and enjoy promoting a collaborative nurturing working environment, whilst also maintaining mastery over HR advisory and operational systems and processes to ensure resilient effective business operations and a first rate professional HR support function for your colleagues.
You are attentive to detail, and can work autonomously and with precision. You will understand the importance of handling confidential data in accordance with GDPR and feel perfectly comfortable to work on a wide range of ad-hoc responsibilities. We are looking for a creative and solutions-oriented individual who is comfortable working autonomously, and also as part of a close-knit interdisciplinary international team.
You are excited to engage with new developments in the field of human resources and operations (legislative changes in labour law, innovative new policies, technologies, and practices), applying them proactively to the unique context in which we work.
You will possess working experience in an HR environment with strong administrative skills, or be educated in a relevant HR discipline. We are looking for a creative and solutions-oriented individual who is comfortable working autonomously, and also as part of a close-knit interdisciplinary international team.
The position is a full-time role and will start asap, based in our office in Amsterdam.
Working closely to support the HR and Operations team, you will play an integral part in delivering a professional, efficient and flawless HR and Operational lifecycle:
- Conducting research on various legal, HR, H&S topics/queries as required, to support the HR and Operations team in policy and processes
- Creating basic staff survey insight reports
- Recruitment coordination (for example, scheduling interviews with job applicants, sending out tests/assignments, answering basic queries to applicants, scanning CVs as required etc.)
- Proof-reading documents (for example policies, frameworks, legal agreements etc.)
- Completing forms and administration (for example, mortgage documentation, tax etc)
- Filing documents, agreements and miscellaneous general admin paperwork
- Drafting employment contracts and preparing contractual change/contract extension letters
- Coordinating presents for employees
- Assisting in our onboarding and offboarding processes
- Assisting on various Knowledge Transfer tasks (e.g. research, scheduling trainings, uploading and filing internal training library)
- Maintaining Personnel reports: for example, absence and sickness recording, family friendly leave records for staff etc
- Maintaining an overview of our HR information systems/Personnel files to ensure confidential employee data is kept current and GDPR-compliant
- Other miscellaneous administrative tasks, as required
- Experience in a HR administration role is preferred
- HBO bachelor’s degree in HR or equivalent professional prior experience in a HR/Operations department
- Affinity with HR tasks & processes in a dynamic organization
- Team player, who thrives working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Proficient with MS Office and Google Suite applications
- Fluency in English a must, Dutch fluency is a strong bonus
- For non-EU/EEA applicants: The role is dependent upon obtaining a visa to live and work in the Netherlands. Metabolic is a recognised visa sponsor and may support the successful candidate’s application for a work visa.
Be part of a dynamic and ambitious team that is passionate about sustainability and technology and making an impact. Collaborate and work alongside world-class experts in the fields of sustainability and circularity across our ecosystem of companies. We are growing fast and are very passionate about changing the world together.
This opportunity will place you in an environment that values people with their own ideas and initiatives. We believe in flat hierarchies, shared decision-making and impact over profit. You will be able to participate in an evolving decentralized governance system and be part of a close-knit community of people with shared interests and a strong company culture.
We are based in Amsterdam, but operate a hybrid working model, giving you the freedom to work both at home and at our vibrant office in Amsterdam. The people and relationship-oriented nature of this role requires you to work in Amsterdam at our offices several days per week.
The position is full time, with a start date asap.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and letter of motivation in English via the Apply button below.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, 2nd of April 2023, but please note that we will be interviewing on a rolling basis.
In case of questions, please feel free to contact [email protected]