HR and Operations Manager
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We are an international and dynamic team of around 60 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. Based in the Netherlands with an increasingly international reach as a company, we work at the cutting edge of sustainability initiatives for a broad range of clients across the Netherlands, Europe, the US, and Asia.
About the Position
Human resources and operations management is a critical part of any organization, but for Metabolic it is a particularly essential element in helping us maximize our overall impact and manage a variety of organizations that together serve a coherent sustainability mission. We are currently recruiting for an HR and Operations Manager to join our Operations team. In this unique and exciting opportunity, you will be a valued member of our small but close-knit Operations team, with a strong focus on HR. Your role will contribute to our mission by supporting the Director of Operations on all HR-related programmes and initiatives across our ecosystem of companies, together with other operational tasks.
You will possess a strong background in human resources management or a similar discipline, and have sound working experience in an HR advisory or process role.
You will love working with people, find your energy from investing in their wellbeing and personal development, whilst also maintaining mastery over HR and operational systems and processes to ensure resilient effective business operations. We are looking for a creative and solutions-oriented colleague who is comfortable working autonomously, and also as part of a close-knit interdisciplinary international team.
You are excited to engage with new developments in the field of human resources and operations (legislative changes in labour law, new policies, technologies, and practices), applying them proactively to the unique context in which we work.
The position is a full-time role and will start asap, based in our office in Amsterdam.
Working closely to support the Director of Operations, you will act as HR and operations partner to the various divisions across the Metabolic ecosystem, throughout the HR lifecycle:
- Support the Director of Operations on HR matters related to our employees and the wider workforce, providing HR generalist advice to managers on employee issues and concerns and resolving procedural queries
- HR payroll & benefits coordinator, working with the Finance Manager on payroll and compensation/ tax/ pension data coordination and administration, resolving employee queries
- HR support to business partners during the recruitment and onboarding process, including managing the immigration and visa application procedure
- Coordination and support to the Director of Operations in systemic HR processes, including performance management, career development, and knowledge transfer
- Manage HR administration processes for our employees (maintain and update personnel data in compliance with GDPR, and contract administration)
- Work with the Director of Operations on our employee engagement and wellbeing programme, safeguarding the heart and culture of the organization
- Support the Director of Operations on the implementation and refinement of HR and operational processes across the business
- Support and prepare necessary HR data overviews and analysis for key stakeholders
- Conduct in-depth research into prevalent matters of HR/labour law, as required
- An integral member of the Operations team, working together with the Director of Operations and the Office & Operations Manager on general operational programmes
- Educational background in Human Resources Management or other similar discipline
- Sound HR generalist advisory experience in Dutch HR/labour law
- Passionate about social and environmental issues
- Pragmatic and hands-on approach to solving problems
- Flexibility, ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic working environment
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills within the HR environment, a high degree of confidentiality, tact and sensitivity at all times
- Fluent spoken and written English (and Dutch a substantial advantage)
- Payroll experience a plus
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office, Excel)
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills; you will be someone who loves a good systemic process