Graphic Designer (Branding & Information Design)
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We are an international and dynamic team of around 95 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. Based in the Netherlands with an increasingly international reach as a company, we work at the cutting edge of sustainability initiatives for a broad range of clients across the Netherlands, Europe, the US, and Asia.
About the Position
Design is incredibly important at Metabolic. We use graphic design & data visualization to communicate complex information to clients and make our work more accessible to a wider audience.
As a Graphic Designer (Branding & Information Design), you will be part of the design team, and work together with the marketing team and consulting team to oversee Metabolic’s ecosystem brands from a graphic perspective, designing new logos and brand assets for entirely new brands as required, establishing brand guidelines, formulating design processes and best practices, sending out regular correspondence to teams, designing beautiful graphics to illustrate the impact of our work, laying out graphic-heavy reports to help bring projects and ideas to life, being a bridge between the design team and marcomms team by having fundamental knowledge of branding, and creating communication materials and content from a design perspective for social media.
The position is a full-time role and will start asap, based in our office in Amsterdam.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 4 years’ Graphic Design experience
- Expert in branding (minimum of 3 years experience)
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in Data Visualisation and storytelling illustration
- Expert in Adobe software (Illustrator, InDesign, and some experience of Photoshop)
- Ability to create beautiful logos and branding assets, and manage the multi-faceted brand portfolio
- Comfortable with layout design; creating dynamic reports, brochures, presentations etc.
- A flexible working style, to work on short-term graphic design projects, as well as overseeing long-term branding strategies
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- The ability to take initiative and work independently in an autonomous environment, together with strong team-working skills
- Organized and proactive
- Enjoys creating processes and guidelines for best practices
- Strong alignment with Metabolic’s mission