Graphic Design Internship (Spring 2020)
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We are a team of around 40 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. In our 6 years of existence, we have developed systems analyses and circular economy strategies for over 500 clients, including cities and regions in the Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, the US, and parts of Asia.
About the Internship
Design is incredibly important at Metabolic. We use design to communicate complex information to clients and make the work we do clear to the general public.
As a graphic design intern, you will work with the design team and the project teams on creating communication materials, supporting branding efforts, designing infographics, and laying out reports to help bring projects and ideas to life.
The internship starts on February 1st, 2020 and should last for 5-6 months, though the specifics and starting date are a bit flexible depending on your specific situation. The internship is paid.
We look for people with:
- Experience with Adobe software (InDesign, Illustrator, and to some extent Photoshop)
- Comfortable with creating original 2D and isometric icons
- The ability to work independently
- A creative spirit
- Great attention to detail
- Great team working skills
- Great communication skills
- An interest in sustainability
To be eligible for an internship with Metabolic the following criteria must be met (non-negotiable):
- Have, or be able to apply, for a residence permit in the Netherlands (valid for working purposes and for the entire duration of the internship).
- Have, or be able to request, a BSN (burgerservicenummer/citizen service number).