Graphic Design Internship (April 2021)
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable State. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We are an international and dynamic team of around 75 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. Based in the Netherlands with an increasingly international reach as a company, we work at the cutting edge of sustainability initiatives for a broad range of clients across the Netherlands, Europe, the US, and Asia.
About the Internship
Design is incredibly important at Metabolic. We use design to communicate complex information to clients and make the work we do clear to the general public.
As a graphic design intern, you will work with the design team and the project teams on creating communication materials, designing infographics, creating content for social media, supporting branding efforts, researching & presenting ways to improve efficiencies for the team, and laying out graphic-heavy reports to help bring projects and ideas to life.
The internship starts on the 1st of April, 2021, and should last for 5-6 months, though the specifics and starting date are a bit flexible depending on your specific situation.
The internship would be 3-4 days/week.
The internship provides a stipend.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Experience with Adobe software (InDesign, Illustrator, and to some extent Photoshop)
- Comfortable with creating original 2D and isometric icons/illustrations
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- The ability to work independently
- A creative spirit
- Great team working skills
- An interest in sustainability
- Ideally: experience with information design, UI/UX, branding, typography, layout design.
To be eligible for an internship with Metabolic the following criteria must be met (non-negotiable):
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from relevant Master’s program.
- Have, or be able to apply, for a residence permit in the Netherlands (valid for working purposes and for the entire duration of the internship).
- Have, or be able to request, a BSN (burgerservicenummer/citizen service number).