About Metabolic Institute
Metabolic is a consulting, research, and venture building firm focused on tackling global sustainability challenges and advancing a circular economy. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing context, while creating disruptive solutions that can shift how the economy functions. We provide strategies and tools, crunch data, create new technologies, build pilots, and scale up innovations. Our approach harnesses systems thinking and data-driven analysis to understand and address real root causes – rather than symptoms – to drive lasting, meaningful change.
Metabolic Institute is the non-profit research arm of Metabolic. We work at the intersection of academic research and real-world experimentation to develop, test, and share open datasets and tools that build collective intelligence on critical sustainability issues. Metabolic Institute is a team of around 15 researchers who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future through open data and real-world experimentation. Through our three years of operations, we have conducted flagship research into global systems and partnered with more than 20 European cities to fuel circular experimentation.
About the position: Fundraising Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Fundraising Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing our existing network of philanthropic relationships, and to proactively identify and build new philanthropic partnerships that can support us in achieving our mission. We are looking for an active and professional ambassador for Metabolic with senior contacts with philanthropic and corporate charities who can support the ongoing development of our philanthropic fundraising strategy for Metabolic Institute and the Metabolic Ecosystem more broadly.
We are looking for a creative and impact-oriented colleague who is comfortable working autonomously, and also as part of a close-knit interdisciplinary team. We’re looking for a fluent English speaker, ideally with a background in building and managing partnerships with philanthropies and corporate charities in the fields of circular economy, sustainability, environmental conservation, and entrepreneurship.
You should possess strong communication, stakeholder management and strategic business development skills. You are excited to engage in external-facing roles and eager to proactively identify and leverage opportunities to grow Metabolic’s network, forming strategic links between new connections and divisions within the ecosystem. In addition, it is preferred that you have solid work experience in the fields of sustainability, circular economy, and systems thinking.
The position is a full-time role and would ideally start as soon as possible. The position is based out of our offices in Amsterdam.
- A proven track record in fundraising and partnership management in the philanthropic and corporate charity sector–specifically those funding work within sustainability and circular economy.
- The ability to build relationships quickly and effectively, particularly at a senior level, embodying the collaborative and mission-driven culture of Metabolic alongside a keen eye for business development.
- A pre-existing network of philanthropies within the fields of sustainability and circular economy.
- Fluency in English; Fluency in Dutch a plus
- 3-5 years of working experience in philanthropic fundraising or a similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Highly developed skills in client and partner management
- A foundation of knowledge in sustainability, circular economy and systems thinking is preferred.
To be eligible to join the Metabolic Institute the following criteria must be met (non-negotiable):
- Have, or be able to apply, for a residence permit in the Netherlands (valid for working purposes and for the entire duration of the job)
- Have, or be able to request, a BSN (burgerservicenummer/citizen service number)
To apply, please use this form. You will be asked to upload your CV and a letter of motivation (both in PDF format ideally). In case of questions, please feel free to contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to apply is 27th September, 23.59.