Front-End Development Intern
About Metabolic Software
Metabolic is an ecosystem of organizations that aims to accelerate the transition of the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. Metabolic’s software arm serves as the software branch of the ecosystem, embedding earth systems intelligence and sustainability assessment into internal and external tools that support Metabolic’s overall mission. Our goal is to develop tools that provide the most accurate and insightful sustainability intelligence to decision-makers around the world, democratizing access to this expertise in the process.
About the internship
The team consists of two other front-end developers, a UX designer, project managers, and back-end developers. This software team is supported by domain experts and visual designers from Metabolic. You’ll support on both internal projects and external projects for clients that require front-end expertise.
The internship starts in May 2021 and should last for 5-6 months, though the specifics and starting date are a bit flexible depending on your specific situation. The internship would be 4-5 days/week. The internship is based in Amsterdam, but remote work is up for discussion, especially while Covid-19 is still of concern.
The internship provides a stipend.
We are looking for someone with…
- Experience with
- Modern Webpack based workflows
- Style frameworks like Bootstrap and or UI libraries like Vuetify or Material-UI
- Git and GitLab or Github
- Ideally some experience with
- Data visualizations, using something like D3
- Strong sense of responsive design and user experience
- The ability to work independently
- Great attention to detail
- Great team working skills
- An interest in sustainability
- An aligned philosophy of building a sustainable future
To be eligible for an internship with Metabolic Software, the following criteria must be met:
- Have, or be able to apply, for a residence permit in the Netherlands (valid for working purposes and for the entire duration of the internship)
- Have, or be able to request, a BSN (burgerservicenummer/citizen service number)