At Metabolic, we recognise the need for a new economic model: one that ensures the wellbeing of all people and allows organizations to thrive without transgressing the safe boundaries of the Earth’s natural systems. Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We envision a world where human societies and Ecosystems flourish, and where our economic activities do not transgress any of the planetary boundaries.
We work with a growing network of partners to equip organizations all over the world with tools and insights to catalyze our mission and make an impact. We build scalable solutions to critical problems, deploying business models as diverse as consultancy, SaaS and philanthropic funding.
Our company culture is our core strength. We strive for excellence, empathy, and collaboration in everything we do. We value your personal and professional goals, and aspire to create an environment where they are achieved through both learning and doing.
Metabolic is a connected group of organizations designed to address systemic challenges at scale, we call it the Metabolic Ecosystem. The organizations are structured as for-profit or not-for-profit depending on their function, and deploy a range of business models. The core of the Ecosystem is made up of five entities working together in a symbiotic way. Each exists to address what we believe are the critical leverage points for systems change. They are: Consultancy, Institute, Software, Foundation and Ventures. Each embodies its own unique purpose that contributes to our overarching mission of transitioning the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state.
At the center of the Ecosystem lies the Metabolic Holding, which houses vital functions such as Marcomms, Design, People and Operations, and Finance. Each of these teams operate across the Ecosystem, providing support for all of our Metabolic entities.
About the Finance Team
The Finance team is a small, close-knit team at the centre of the Ecosystem that supports the essential functioning and business practices of each part of the Ecosystem. Within Metabolic, the finance vision stresses not the need for profitability for the sake of profitability but for financial sustainability that allows the organisation to achieve its impact mission whilst also allowing people in the organisation to thrive. It is our responsibility to maintain the balance between financial and organisation health, external impact and internal well being.
The Finance function, whilst small, has four main parts: Strategic Finance; Finance Business Partnering; Business Intelligence; Finance Excellence. We strive to be mission driven and customer focused and focus on empowered decision making, transparency and consistency in communication and supporting ongoing learning and development.
As Finance Administrator, you will be a valued member of our small but close-knit Finance team, with a strong focus on administrative finance tasks, focusing on the finance excellence part. Your role will contribute to our mission and the management of the Metabolic Ecosystem by supporting your finance and operations colleagues and the CFO through executing these administrative tasks as required. You will be working with another Finance Administrator (0.6 FTE), a Finance Business Partner, a Business Intelligence and FP&A Analyst and the CFO.
About the Position
In this position, you will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day financial administration of the entities in our ecosystem. You will be deeply embedded in the various aspects of the organisation, communicating with managers and project managers on a daily basis to ensure our financial discipline and resilience.
We are looking for a diligent and solutions-oriented individual who is comfortable working both autonomously and as an integral part of a close-knit international team. You have prior experience in some kind of finance role. You are a skilled problem-solver with strong interpersonal skills, and you find your energy from constantly finding ways to improve processes and policies. You have great attention to detail at the same time. You are familiar with and like to work with accounting software packages.
The position is for 32 hours (there can be some flexibility in this) and starts as soon as possible.
- Bookkeeping for the different entities
- Internal accounting of Metabolic’s multiple entities
- Working with team leaders to ensure cash flow projections are accurate
- Keeping the accounts receivable and accounts payable up to date
- Ensuring bank reconciliations are up to date
- Ensuring timely creation and payment of invoices
- Streamlining the invoice administration process and finding opportunities for automation
- Expense reimbursement management
- Intercompany transactions are transparently recorded
- Payroll administration
- Liaising with external accountants & lawyers as needed
- Managing insurances and business registration
- Fluency in English required, Dutch is an advantage
- Experience with financial administration, payroll, accounting
- Experience with Exact Online would be a strong advantage
- Experience with automating invoicing processes a plus
- Proficient with MS Office and Google Suite applications
- Well organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a close-knit team
- For non-EU/EEA applicants: The role is dependent upon obtaining a visa to live and work in the Netherlands.
We are an international and dynamic team of around 100 individuals who share a passion for catalyzing a sustainable future. Be part of a dynamic, ambitious and international team that is passionate about sustainability, technology and impact. Collaborate and work alongside world-class experts in the fields of sustainability and circularity throughout the Metabolic Ecosystem.
This opportunity will place you in an environment that values people with their own ideas and initiatives. We believe in flat hierarchies, shared decision-making and impact over profit. You will be able to participate in an evolving decentralized governance system and be part of a close-knit community of people with shared interests and a strong company culture. We promise:
- A social, supportive and vibrant work environment and location with connection and purpose
- Autonomy & freedom for decision-making within your role, ensuring your voice within Metabolic
- Flexible and balanced approach to our working environment.
- Room for career development and personal growth.
This position will be based at our vibrant office in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Please submit your CV and letter of motivation in English via the Apply button below.
The deadline for applications is Friday 27th January. However, we will be assessing applications as soon as they are received and therefore there is a chance that the position could be filled before the deadline.
In case of questions, please feel free to contact [email protected].