DLT4EU Internship (Summer/Fall 2020)
Funded by the European Union, the DLT4EU Programme will stimulate the piloting of cutting-edge Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT)-based applications that address pressing social and environmental challenges currently faced in the European Union and, ultimately, drive positive change for the common good.
Specifically, the programme will connect the expertise and resources of leading DLT entrepreneurs and developers with the real-world, unmet opportunities and challenges of public and social sector beneficiaries. These beneficiaries include: governmental, public, third sector, and civil society organisations.
Led by a consortium of the Metabolic Institute (NL), Digital Catapult (UK), and Ideas for Change (ES), DLT4EU will facilitate a distributed accelerator model, wherein consortium partners, accelerator participants, mentors, and the wider DLT4EU ecosystem connect online and offline.
The programme will trial a European-wide incubation scheme called Virtual Field Labs (VFLs). Over the course of the programme, participants will come together online and in-person with industry leaders to develop functional prototypes – ultimately to be awarded follow-on funding to commercialise the solution.
DLT4EU will focus on two overarching, high-impact sectors that have promising DLT application opportunities: Circular Economy and Digital Citizenship.
About the internship
This internship is an opportunity to look under-the-bonnet of how an impact-driven technology accelerator is created and managed, and to be involved in the realisation of socially and environmentally impactful Distributed Ledger Technologies.
The core role of the internship is to help the Metabolic team successfully deliver the DLT4EU Accelerator. This involves everything from organising accelerator logistics to conducting research on the impact performance of the programme.
The internship starts on June 1st, 2020, and will be 4 days per week, for 6 months.
This internship provides a stipend.
We are looking for someone with…
- The ability to work independently
- An energetic, solutions-focussed, proactive spirit
- Enjoys fast-paced environments and adapting to uncertainty
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organisation
- Research experience (i.e. via a university degree or work experience)
- Great team working skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills (English)
- Self-awareness of personal career development goals
- Proven curiosity in sustainability, social impact, and / or disruptive digital technologies. As a plus, previous experience in the following is welcome:
- Producing / managing public events
- Digital technology innovation
- Experience in start-up / SME business development
To be eligible for an internship with the Metabolic Institute the following criteria must be met (non-negotiable):
- Have, or be able to apply, for a residence permit in the Netherlands (valid for working purposes and for the entire duration of the internship)
- Have, or be able to request, a BSN (burgerservicenummer/citizen service number)
- Based in Amsterdam
To apply, please use send your CV and copy over a letter of motivation to email@example.com. In case of questions, please feel free to contact us.
The deadline to apply is March 31st, 2020 at 23:59 CET.
Please note: we will be evaluating applications as they come in, so the earlier you apply for the position the higher the chance of being invited for an interview.