Director - Metabolic Software
About Metabolic Software
Metabolic is an ecosystem of organizations that aims to accelerate the transition of the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. Metabolic’s software arm serves as the software branch of the ecosystem, embedding earth systems intelligence and sustainability assessment into internal and external tools that support Metabolic’s overall mission. Our goal is to develop tools that provide the most accurate and insightful sustainability intelligence to decision-makers around the world, democratizing access to this expertise in the process.
About the Role
We are looking for a Director to take the reigns of Metabolic Software and guide its development towards a thriving enterprise.
A qualified candidate should be extremely mission aligned; they should care deeply about sustainability as a core objective. They should have a technical background and understand the software development process. They should also have a strong business and commercial capacity, capable of developing commercial strategy, building and managing teams, and bringing in aligned projects and resources. A good candidate is ambitious and gutsy–interested to take on big challenges or opportunities–while also having patience to work through a strategy and help build a young organization.
- Good understanding of software
- Strong ability to build and manage teams
- Previous management experience, preferably at an executive level within a successful startup
- Sound commercial skills, both in terms of strategy and implementation
- Passion for sustainability and alignment around Metabolic’s broader objectives
- Bonus (Not required): Understanding the dynamics of sustainability science
- Fluency in English, with great communication skills.
The position begins in February of 2021 (though the exact starting date is flexible) and requires you to live and work in the Netherlands.
To apply, please use this form. You will be asked to upload your CV and copy over a letter of motivation. In case of questions, please feel free to Chris Monaghan at email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, December 30th, at 23:59 CET.