Digital Communications Manager
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable State. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We are an international and dynamic team of around 75 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. Based in the Netherlands with an increasingly international reach as a company, we work at the cutting edge of sustainability initiatives for a broad range of clients across the Netherlands, Europe, the US, and Asia.
Background to the role
As an organization committed to building a sustainable economy, Metabolic’s mission is to accelerate systems change. The power of communications is essential to us realizing this mission.
Metabolic’s marketing and communications team ensures our work and thinking reaches the right audiences and helps shift both attitudes and actions. The team breaks down the complexities often involved in communicating about sustainability, the circular economy, and systems change. We aim to raise awareness, educate, and develop thought leadership that drives action.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about sustainability and passionate about inspiring people. In your role, you will help the team get the right messages to the right people to galvanize real change. From social media to big speaking events, digital advertising and email newsletters, we need your help to spread key ideals, ideas and messages as effectively as we can.
- Managing Metabolic’s social media channels
- Crafting and proposing new ideas for always-on content, and campaigns
- Managing and updating the social media calendar
- Fostering and nurturing an inspired Metabolic community
- Assisting with social media tracking, analytics, and evaluation
- Helping to shape and execute both organic and paid digital marketing and communications campaigns
- Developing content for, and managing the send of, Metabolic’s monthly newsletter as well as targeted email campaigns
- Researching speaking opportunities, liaising with event organisers, and managing key speaking opportunities across the team
- Assisting with website content production (written and visual)
- Managing inbound inquiries, with the support of the broader marketing and business development teams
- Degree in marketing and/or communications
- Extensive experience managing multiple social media channels and campaigns, including content production
- Experience with email marketing
- Experience with paid advertising channels
- Excellent English writing and editing skills
- Strong interest in sustainability and circular economy principles
- Organized and efficient, with an eye for detail
- Adaptability (our team is small and fluid)
- Proactivity and ability to work independently as well as in a close team
- Visa to work as an employee in the Netherlands
- Experience in, and knowledge of, events outreach and partnership development (particularly sustainability-related)
- Dutch language
- Video editing experience
The position is a full-time role and would ideally start as soon as possible. The position is based in our offices in Amsterdam.