Data Science Internship
Metabolic’s overarching mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context, while creating disruptive solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
As a company committed to building a sustainable economy, we want to accelerate systems change and maximize our impact.
About the Position
As a data science intern, you work within the consulting team and receive as much responsibility as you’re interested to take on. The role is primarily focused on good research and data analysis using python, but can stretch to include many other parts of consulting, or even other parts of the organization, depending on your your personal development goals. Experience with GIS analysis is considered a plus.
In your role, you will be focusing primarily on the following activities:
Conducting in-depth research and data analysis using python
Writing out summaries of conclusions or briefings
Collecting important data
- Great research skills
- Great communication skills
- Experienced in programming in python and using standard data science libraries (i.e. pandas, numpy, matplotlib)
- The ability to digest large amounts of information
- A foundation of knowledge in sustainability, impact analysis, and systems thinking
- Intrinsic passion for solving global challenges
- A background in Industrial Ecology, Environmental Sciences, Data Science, Urban Geography, or related is preferable
- Familiarity with GIS or SQL is considered a plus
How to apply:
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with your CV and letter of motivation.
The deadline for applications is Friday September 27th, 2019. 23:59. The position has a starting date of November 1st, 2019.