Cities Sustainability Project Manager (Dutch)
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking, urban planning and design, and data science, we develop strategies for sustainable development at various spatial scales. From circular building design, to master plans for neighborhoods and districts, and development strategies for cities and regions.
We are a team of around 80 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. In our eight years of existence, we have developed systems analyses and circular economy strategies for over 500 clients, including cities and regions in the Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, the US, and Asia.
About the Position
We are looking for a project manager with experience in sustainability consulting and specifically within the public sector, to join our team.
Within your role, you will manage consultancy projects across multiple scales, from the building level, circular area, and neighborhood development, to city-wide strategies. You’ll be working for municipalities, regional and provincial government, and national. Your clients include local and regional governments, developers, architecture- and urban design firms amongst others. You’ll be guiding a multi-disciplinary team (industrial ecology, energy science, architecture, spatial planners, etc.) in developing effective strategies that deliver high-value results and insights in an efficient and effective manner.
We are looking for a creative and solutions-oriented colleague who is comfortable working autonomously, and also as part of a close-knit interdisciplinary team.
You are excited to engage in external-facing roles and be eager to digest new developments in the field (such as new policies, technologies, and approaches), placing them in the context in which we work. As our reach consists of working with a variety of stakeholders, you will also have great communication skills.
The position is a full-time role and has a flexible starting date. It requires you to locate to (or close to) Amsterdam.
- Experienced project manager (2-5 years work experience)
- A foundation of knowledge in sustainability, circular economy, and systems thinking
- Excellentverbal and written communication skills, fluency in both Dutch and English
- Skilled in project management, stakeholder management, client management
- Educated to Masters level (or equivalent) in one or more of the the following disciplines: Industrial ecology, Urban Design, Urbanism, Spatial Planning, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management, Urban Systems Engineering
- Valid work permit to work as an employee in the Netherlands