Project Manager (Agrifood & Biodiversity)
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable
state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
We work with the private sector, NGOs, and governments in the transition to a sustainable economy. We help companies in the agrifood system understand the risks from environmental impacts and develop innovative and sustainable forms of value.
We are an international and dynamic team of around 85 people who share an ambition for catalyzing a sustainable future. Based in the Netherlands with an increasingly international reach as a company, we work at the cutting edge of sustainability initiatives for a broad range of clients across the Netherlands, Europe, the US, and Asia.
About the Position
We are currently looking for a Project Manager for our Agrifood and Biodiversity consulting team. For this consulting role we are looking for someone who would like to apply their knowledge to lead projects and develop solutions for reducing agrifood companies’ impacts on nature and climate.
We are looking for someone with strong experience in consulting and project management for the agrifood sector. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working with methodologies for assessing impacts on nature, an ability to comprehend scientific literature, developing relationships with clients, leading projects and creating high impact deliverables. Additionally, the candidate has a strong network in the sector, has a keen sense for lead generation and business development generally.
You should be comfortable with external-facing client engagements, participation in business networks, and have a passion for digesting the latest developments in the field of regenerative agriculture, biodiversity, climate change, accounting for nature, and small-holder farmers and placing them in the context in which we work. A strong understanding of systems thinking and sustainability concepts are key.
- Manage various types of projects, from impact assessments, to capitals assessments, developing nature and climate strategies
- Lead project teams and provide expert input
- Ensures projects are run according to timeline, budget, and quality and ambition standards
- Works closely with data scientists and analysts to direct their work and derive insights
- Contributes to high impact deliverables, communicate and develop visuals in a way that empowers our client to take action
Business Development & Partnerships
- Working with our team on business development (lead generation, networking, proposal writing, account management)
- Maintaining key relationships and strategic partnerships
- Fluency in English required
- 3+ years of experience in consulting and project management in the agrifood sector
- Education to the level of Bachelor’s degree in the fields of sustainability, environmental sciences, sustainable development, agriculture, or similar.
- Demonstrated experience of working with key sustainability approaches such as systems thinking, corporate impact assessments
- Demonstrated experience in developing sustainability strategies
- Experience in B2B sales and account management
- The ability to draw conclusions from quantitative and qualitative information
- Excellent communication skills
- Work permit to work in the Netherlands
The position can be four or five days a week, and has a flexible starting date. It requires you to locate to (or close to) Amsterdam.
How to apply:
To apply, please use this form. Please submit your CV and letter of motivation in English by 23.59 on 16th September, 2021.
Please note, we will be conducting rolling interviews to fill the position up until the 23rd of September.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com